Perhaps the best summary of our hopes would be the words Jesus spoke when teaching His disciples how to pray …
Your Kingdom come; Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
These are powerful words with far-reaching implications. They remind us that God’s Kingdom isn’t a wish for the future, but a present and ongoing reality! They call our diverse community — liberal and conservative, traditional and not-so-much, young and old — into discipleship that we might be conformed into the image of His Son. And they invite us to join Him in the work He’s already doing — bringing His Kingdom (not ours) to bear upon this world.
One of our favorite quotes is by a scholar named Luke Timothy Johnson. He writes,
[The Church is to be] a sacrament of the world’s possibility. A sign of what the world can be.
That’s our highest hope! That we would be a sacrament of the world’s possibility! That we would love radically and generously — regardless of age, race, orientation, ethnicity, marital status or disability. That we would be a “first-fruits” of what Creation will one day become when God sets all things to rights.
At Ekklesia, we want to be a safe place for the doubting, for the devout and for everyone in between! We want to ask good questions and live into the answers. Your questions are welcome here. Your convictions are welcome here. You are welcome here.
- M103A1 Heavy Tank E Company 34Th Armor 24Th Infantry 1959 DRAGON 1 72 D60691 Mod
- Marklin 42259 DB Express Train Passenger Car Set NEW
- Märklin 46829 Themenset Berliner Vgoldrtverkehr
- Hubsan X4 H107L Quadcopter 2.4Ghz 4-channel remote with built-in LCD display P23
- ON SALE Painted Selmarina, Halloween Witch, Reaper Dark Heaven Legends
- Märklin 47219 Sliding Tarp Car Shimmns 62 Der Aae 3-piece
- Pola 1031 Échelle Ho Neumarkt Village École Bâtiment pour Chemin de Fer
- Chrysler 300M Met.-Beige 2002 Neo Scale 1 43 Neo44985 Model
- Gmts - golden Oldies Linie 50 8101 Hanomag B11 Radlader Reseda Green; 1 50
- CMC Modelcars M-065 - Mercedes-Benz W25, 1934 - Ein Mythos in white, Maßstab 1 18
- ROM158 Imperial Roman Legionary with Gladius - Legio II Augusta by First Legion
- Vintage MATCHBOX SUPER KINGS Aircraft Transporter with Alpha Jet K-13 K13
- DINKY 530 DS 19 CITROEN NMIB
- BMW 2002 Turbo Weiss 1973-1974 1 18 Minichamps Modell Auto mit oder ohne indiv..
- Wiking MB 1644 S LKW Siemens Service for Power Plants Werbemodell HO 1 87 2805
- GreenLight 1 43 Skyline 1989 Nissan GTR R32 Die Cast Model
- KK SCALE MODELS - 1 18 - VOLKSWAGEN T3 BUS WHITESTAR - 1990 - 180201W
- King & Country Glossy CB4 Mounted Highlander w Rifle K&C 8740.4
- Vntg HTTC Japan Tin Battery Operated Santa on Globe, Nice, Does not redate
- MiniArt The Red Baron Manfred von Richthofen WW-I Flying Ace 1 16 16032
- Free Shipping Desktop Model-Solar Powered Windmills Wind Turbine&Zinc alloy
We hope to engage our Raleigh community thoughtfully with charity and humility so that we become part of the conversation around us. “Because the Bible says so” is an inadequate answer.
We want to be a place where family happens. Family is never perfect, but it is certainly good. It is less about “agreeing on all disputed matters” and far more about “regarding each other’s needs as one’s own.”
How to reach us
PO Box 19222 Raleigh, NC 27619
- Dinky pre war Ambulance 30f ( slotted base plate )
How to find us.
We worship Sunday mornings, 10:30am at Athens Drive High School located at 1420 Athens Dr, Raleigh, NC 27606. Wonderful modelcar VW ILTIS WINNER RALLYE DAKAR 1980 - 1 43 - ltd.
Ekklesia (Sundays 10:30am @ ADHS)
“I came looking for a community that would love me as God loves me, “Just as I am”. A community that puts love into action … not just on Sunday. Thank you, Ekklessia!” — Gerard McAllister
“I’ve never before met another group of people as willing as Ekklesia to sit with you in the dark places and laugh with you in the light. They truly embody what it means to do life together as community. I am so glad and proud to call them my church family.” — Selena Bennett
“I am thankful for a place where I feel free to question my beliefs, challenge my biases, and rethink faith while feeling secure that the foundation of all of that wrestling is rooted to love and honest exploration of how we can become more and more like Jesus. And there are good snacks.” — Patrick Torres