The first and foremost secret of weight loss lies within a good diet plan. Without following a good diet plan no one can lose substantial amount of weight. The craze regarding weight loss provokes people to follow fruitless diets which only breaks their health and doesn’t offer any real help. The Sacred heart soup diet is not like the usual fad diets. This diet is really helpful for obese people and people with heart diseases. Obesity often affects the functionality of our heart and can cause serious health disorders. The Sacred heart soup diet can help an obese person lose weight in a very short time without any health disorder. While you are selecting a diet you will have to plan correctly and select a health plan which gives your body the necessary nutrients. The Sacred heart soup diet provides your body with essential nutrition and at the same time cuts down the extra fat.
History of the sacred heart soup diet
The Sacred heart soup diet is also known as the Cleveland Clinic Diet, SHD and MHID. The most popular story of its origin tells that it was invented in the Sacred Heart Memorial Hospital for the heart patients who needed speedy weight loss before they go under surgery. But there are no proofs to support this theory. Internet and the word of the mouth have generated its huge popularity among dieters around the world. There are many different versions of this diet plan. But mainly it is a seven day diet plan which consists of a particular meal plan and at the centre of this meal plan is a specially prepared soup. In this way it is quite similar to the Cabbage Soup Diet.
Why do people use the Sacred heart soup diet?
This diet is used for losing weight fast within a seven day period. This diet is not supposed to be used in daily life. Obese people can use this diet to cut down fat, in a short span of time for some specific reason. This diet plan claims that it can reduce up to 10-15 lb of fat in 7 days. As there are many different versions of this diet some even claim that in the first three days people can lose 5 to 7 lb of weight. But anyone who follows this diet should not continue it after a seven day span as this might be injurious to your health if continued over a long period of time.
How to use the sacred heart soup diet?
- This diet plan requires the dieter to eat certain foods for seven days. One need not count the amount of calories consumed but they cannot eat anything that’s not prescribed by the diet.
- Alcohol and sweetened soft drinks are not allowed. The dieter has to drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water every day. Skimmed milk can be drunk in moderate amount.
- You can drink fruit juice while following this diet if it doesn’t contain any sweetener such as sugar.
- On day-1 of the diet only fruits, except banana, are allowed to be eaten along with the special soup. Watermelon and cantaloupe are good choice of fruits for day 1.
- On day 2 of this diet the dieter has to eat only vegetables cooked or raw. Organic leafy vegetables are preferred. Fruits are prohibited on this day. For dinner the dieter should have baked potatoes with butter.
- On day 3 the dieter can have all sorts of fruits and vegetables both but not baked potatoes.
- On the fourth day of this diet the dieter has to eat a minimum of three bananas and skimmed milk along with the special soup. No other food is allowed.
- On the 5th day of the diet the dieter will have to eat moderate amounts of beef and at least one can full of tomatoes.
- On day 6 of the diet vegetables, soup and beef are eaten as a rule.
- On the last day of this diet brown rice, vegetables and raw fruit juice are allowed.
Advantages of the sacred heart soup diet:
- It is a good short term diet which helps you get back in shape within 7 days.
- The diseases stemming from obesity are controlled almost instantly.